Agriculture & Food Industry
The Sector That Feeds Us All
The evolution of the human race grew at a faster pace when man learnt how to farm. The oldest profession in the world is also the backbone of humankind. We can survive without the best of technology but we won’t be able to make it through the day without food on our tables.
- It has been estimated that almost 25% of the world’s GDP comes from agriculture alone.
- Climate change has deeply affected the food and agriculture industry as it has turned production cycles haywire.
- Agriculture is one of the primary means of employment in under-developed and developing countries.
- Latest technology and equipment have made it possible to increase agricultural output while reducing human efforts.
- China, the USA, Turkey, India and Brazil are the top 5 countries whose agricultural production is in millions of Metric Tonnes.